As 1949 progressed land was purchased to house the fire barn at the past location at Scriba Corners. A new fire truck was purchased and a used truck with 1200 gallon tank acquired. Additional equipment was purchased including a siren, all costing approximately $11,000. Now a new building was needed to mount the siren on. Plans were drawn up, studied, and work began and by the end of the year the fire barn was nearly completed. During this time sixty-two new members joined the corporation. In November the Ladies Auxiliary was formed. Also Chief Louis presented a list of twenty-nine active firemen. Thus during the year the corporation transformed from a dream of a group of citizens to full fledged fire fighting outfit with equipment, fire barn, and auxiliary unit.
In the early fifties, the corporation continued to grow. Land was purchased for field day activities. Money was raised by selling bonds, holding raffles, bingo, dances, clambakes, dinners, scrap drives, and finally from donations. A pickup truck and an ambulance were donated to the departmentIn 1955 the pickup and ambulance were traded in for a new jeep to be used as a grass truck. 1956, the Lycoming school house was purchased as a second NO. 2. Also a new tank truck and a used fire truck were bought. The corporation continued to prosper and grow.
As the town increased in population and industries, thee fire department had to grow with into provide better fire protection. 1962, a new fire pumper was bought replacing an older truck. Also in 1969, a new fire pumper was purchased to replace another older truck. 1970 saw the addition of an emergency truck and 1971 a new addition to the firebarn was built to house additional equipment. 1973, the jeep truck was replace with a new truck and in 1974 a new pumper was added to the fleet