Add an Article Add an Event Edit

Sembrich Opera Museum

Sembrich Opera Museum
4800 Lake Shore Drive

About Us
The Studio Museum first opened in 1937 by Mme. Sembrich's daughter-in-law, Julliette deCoppet Stengel, whose musical family founded the Flonzaley Quartet (1903-1929). The Museum, in continuous operation since 1937, opens daily June 15th to September 15th, from 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM and 2:00 PM to 5:30 PM EDT.
Throughout the summer months, there are several planned events, such as concerts by renowned singers, composers, and musicians, and symposiums by opera historians. A schedule of the summer events is posted on this site. For further information about programs, or to purchase one of the books, tapes or CD's
The Marcella Sembrich Memorial Association, is a membership association whose mission is to preserve the Sembrich collection and to maintain the memorial Museum in the singer's former teaching studio. This Museum was established in 1937 by Juliette deCoppet Stengel, wife of William Marcel Stengel after the death of his mother Marcella Sembrich-Stengel in 1935.
Initially the museum memorial was financially supported by Juliette Stengel, who founded MSMA in 1940. Since her death in 1961, memberships and public contributions have been necessary to maintain and preserve the collection and museum in Bolton Landing.