Shaffer's Pumpkin Patch

Shaffer's Pumpkin Patch
1160 Meadville Pike
814-671-4837

About Us:

Shaffer's Pumpkin Patch was started in 1985 by Rob and Rebecca Shaffer with the help of their parents Orah and Dorothy Shaffer. They raised pumpkins for a 4-H project and had a few left over. They borrowed old clothing from their parents and created Ma and Pa farmer in their Grandma's front yard. That was such a hit with the neighbors that each year characters have been added.

In 1990 the 4-H club called the BSS'ers built a maze from corn stocks as a fund raiser. This tradition continued untiol 2002 when the mini maze was taken over by the Kappa PSi Fraternity at Pitt University. The money raised is used for the Family House in Pittsburgh Even though Rob and Rebecca have grown and moved away the tradition continues.