The parish of Ss. Cyril and Methodious, Coaldale, Pa. was established on June 10, 1920, by the Diocese of Philadelphia. Fr. Nicholas Terna was named pastor of thie new parish. On the Feast of All Saints in 1920, the former Welsh Congregational Church building was dedicated for the use of the new parish family.A new church building was planned, and construction began on July 23, 1923. The cornerstone was blessed by Bishop Michael Crane of Philadelphia on Thanksgiving Day, 1923. The first Mass was celebrated in the new church n Christmas Day, 1924.
Father Terna, who on December 15, 1974, became Monsignor Terna, continued to serve as pastor until 1968, when leadership of the community was assumed by Fr. Joseph F. Gasho. Fr. Gasho retired in 1982, when Fr. Paul Masiar became pastor. Fr. Francis Baransky was pastor from 1992 to September 2000. The present pastor is Fr. John Pavlosky.