Located in the Potomac River off the shore of St. Mary's County, this 62 acre park contains a memorial cross dedicated to the memory of the first Marylanders. On March 25, 1634, the first English settlers under the Baltimore proprietorship sailed to St. Clement's Island on the Ark and the Dove. (a replica of the Maryland Dove is seen to the right). Boat tours to historic St. Clement's Island are offered on a weekend schedule. The 26 passenger vessel, The Water Taxi II, is fully insured and a certified tour boat by the U.S. Coast Guard. The park includes hiking trails and picnicking, with pavilions available on a first come/first serve basis. Fishing and hunting are also enjoyed here. St. Clements Island State Park is equipped with a portojohn and has no accessible amenities.