St. John Lutheran Church and School provides a Christ-centered atmosphere ministering to the whole child through quality academic programs integrated with God’s Word, supporting parents in the nurture and training of their children for Christian living, doing all to the glory of God.
St. John Lutheran School officially opened its doors on September 4, 1956. It began with 27 students in Kindergarten, First and Second Grades and has grown to our current enrollment of 250 students in Preschool through Eighth Grade. Our educational facilities include a gymnasium, stage, locker rooms, kitchen, learning center, special education room, science lab, music room, and computer lab. Our teachers are certified teaching professionals, many of whom hold a Master’s Degree. St. John Lutheran School is accredited by the National Lutheran Schools Accreditation Board and is recognized by the State of Illinois