Please call before attending any upcoming community events, as it is possible that they may be postponed or canceled as a result of Covid-19.
You can find CDC updates at cdc.gov/coronavirus; AARP has additional resources at aarp.org/coronavirus
"The mission of St. Mark's is to welcome all, to reach out to the community with a helping hand, and to grow in the knowledge and love of Christ."
St. Mark's Church was organized April 23, 1832, at a meeting of churchmen and churchwomen held at the Masonic Hall in the Village of Candor. Rev. Lucius Carter was made chairman, and, after the organization was perfected, became the first rector. The wardens were Seth and William Bacon, and the vestrymen were Daniel Bacon, Harvey Abbott, William Hand, Richard Sackett, Samuel Barager, Stephen F. Smith, Thomas Buell, and Hiram Smith. A lot was purchased in 1835 and, two years later, an edifice was erected (A Memorial History of Tioga County).
The new steeple was constructed by Jeff Mattoon and set in place November 15, 1994. The bell tower and ramp were built, and the bell was rededicated to Emma and Charles Sykes by Bishop David Joslin on September 22, 1996. The lighted sign was constructed and installed by Bo Moyer & Son on June 30, 1997.