Our purpose is to be an educational resource for the public through research, study, collection, preservation and exhibition of artifacts that illustrate the history of our community.
The Sugar Hill Historical Museum began as a bicentennial project by a group of very enthusiastic residents who were concerned about creating a home for the history of Sugar Hill.
The original building was a schoolhouse moved stick by stick from the neighboring town of Easton to the present spot by the newly formed Sugar Hill Fire Department. In 1948, radiant heat caused a fire in the school, and the building eventually became a four-stall firehouse.
When the new fire department building opened in in 1975, the vacant building was renovated and reopened in 1976 as the Sugar Hill Historical Museum.