The Borough of Victory Gardens

337 South Salem Street
973-366-5312

The Borough of Victory Gardens, tucked into the northwest corner of the state in Morris County, began as a 99 acre tract that was set aside in 1941 as a residential center for Borough Backgrounddefense workers at Picatiinny Arsenal, Hercules Powder, and Cameron Machine Company.

In 1942, the Federal Housing Authority built 300 one story houses to provide living quarters for people involved in the war effort. Incorporated in 1952, today those 300 houses have been joined by Brook Run, Victory Hills apartments, and the Victory Highlands condominium on the original 99 acre tract.