Building lives, families, and futures.
At The Family Church, our services are packed with powerful worship and messages that offer Biblical truth in ways that are relevant and practical for your life. But you will also find that we take our name to heart, and consider our church a family. Within our church family, you will find opportunities to connect with others in small group settings, season-of-life group studies, corporate worship, and just “do life” to establish relationships with other people seeking God’s will for their life.
1. The Bible is the inspired and only infallible Word of God.
2. There is one true God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.
3. In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His personal future return to the earth in power and glory to rule for a thousand years.
4. In the blessed hope, the rapture of the Church at Christ’s coming.
5. In the fall and sinfulness of man and that the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Christ.
6. Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential to personal salvation.
7. Divine healing is available through the redemptive work of Christ on the cross.
8. The Baptism of the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for it.
9. The Church of Jesus Christ is the universal, spiritual body of believers from every tribe, tongue, kindred and race of peoples, and is indwelt by God through the Holy Spirit and divinely empowered to fulfill ministry and her Great Commission on earth.
10. In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life.
11. In the resurrection and final judgment of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting damnation.
12. In the new heavens and the new earth and the holy Jerusalem, the city of God, descending out of heaven and filled with the glory of God.
13. Christian growth can only be realized by faith in the promises of God.
In 1973, Pastors Sterling and Jean Miller, with their two babies, sixty dollars in their pockets, and a burning desire for God in their hearts, came to Lafayette to build a church with a ministry for every member of the family. The first service recorded only 13 people in attendance. Not long afterwards, in 1974, we celebrated the opening of Lafayette Christian Academy, which started as a one-room facility.
Now, 35 years and a new century later, Pastors Jay and Tessy Miller have continued the journey with an ever-increasing congregation to its present membership of approximately 1,200 people! The school has grown from a one-room facility to a campus of over 700 students, from K-4 through 12th grades. In July of 1999, we opened the doors to our new church facility, which seats over 2000 people, across the street from the original sanctuary. What started out as approximately 2.5 acres of land and a two-room building has now grown to 64 acres of land with new facilities, a gymnasium, a youth hall, and several other buildings… and we definitely aren’t done yet!