The Rio Grande Fire Company dates back to November 1927 when concerned residents of Rio Grande met at the Grange Hall about forming a Fire Company. The residents appointed a committee that met with Middle Township Committee and by December 7, 1927 the resolution recognizing the existence of the Fire Company was read into the minutes. The Company provided fire protection for Rio Grande, Wildwood Gardens (Edgewood), Whitesboro, part of Burleigh, Green Creek, and parts of Lower Township.
Location:P.O. Box 672, 1120 RT