The first Todt Hill Branch opened for limited service in 1950 in an apartment in the Todt Hill Houses. In 1963, its name became the Todt Hill-Westerleigh Branch and the facility was moved to larger quarters in a converted supermarket at 1891 Victory Boulevard. By 1983, population growth and public use patterns necessitated another move. In March 1983, the Branch moved to its present location. The current location is the first occupied by the branch that was specifically designed to serve as a library.