The History :
Utah Valley Regional Medical Center was founded in 1939 as Utah Valley Hospital with 55 beds and 38 physicians. The hospital was busy from the first day. In 1951, 60 beds were added, bringing the capacity to 115. In 1953, at the request of the board of directors, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints assumed ownership of Utah Valley Hospital.
Utah Valley Regional Medical Center expanded as the West Building was added to the campus, expanding Women's and Children's Services and Same Day Surgery. The South Building opened in 2002 where Behavioral Health and Administrative Offices are located. A hyperbaric medicine chamber was added to the South Building in 2006.
Since Utah Valley Regional Medical Center first opened its doors in 1939, it has been committed to meeting the needs of the people who live in Utah County and central and southern Utah. As this campus grows, it will continue its evolution as a place of learning, a place of caring and a place where healing will surround those who are here.