Add an Article
Add an Event
31 West Quincy Street
In the early 1900's the original plats for the Village of Westmont were laid out and streets were dedicated. These plats remain basically unchanged today. Early growth and development centered around the railroad station of the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad, which for many years was the major transportation route to Chicago.
In 1921, an election was held and the proponents for incorporation won by a narrow margin. The act of incorporation became official on November 10, 1921, and Vince Pastor was chosen as the first president of the Village Board and held office for two years.