The Weed Memorial & Hollander Branch, located in a renovated farmhouse, is the hub of the Springdale neighborhood, within walking distance for many residents.
The branch originally opened in 1954 in a farmhouse dating to 1810. The house had several owners, and at one point even housed a small school. In 1890, it was sold to Emmett L. Weed for $2,200. When Weed's widow, Jennie died in 1952, she bequeathed the house and property to The Ferguson Library, with the proviso that it become the Springdale branch of the library. It was named the Weed Memorial Branch.
A renovation in 2005 brought the Weed Branch into the 21st century, while preserving its historic charm. It was renamed the Weed Memorial & Hollander Branch to acknowledge a generous gift from Dr. and Mrs. Milton Hollander.
In addition to its collection of books and other materials for children and adults, Weed sponsors many popular programs, such as preschool storytimes and adult book discussions. Springdale school children frequently visit the branch on field trips, and the cozy fireplace room is a popular spot on cold winter days.