Willow Brook Golf Course

Willow Brook Golf Course
1364 Howertown Road
610-264-9904

Willow Brook Golf Course, located in Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, was started by Colonel James W. Fuller as a private course in the 1920’s.  Recently, it has been completely rebuilt into a brand new 18 hole, par 70, 5800 yard Public Golf Course.

In the fall of 1999 construction began on a brand new course, the front nine, which follows the meandering Catasauqua Creek through the historic, previously pastured land, where many a famous Willow Brook Quarter Horse grazed, which were part of an era that saw 25 World Champions over the last 35 years.

The back nine is slightly more open with sweeping doglegs, which call for a diversity of shot making. 

The Fairways are fully irrigated and the greens are bent grass.  There is a Driving Range and a full practice area.  Advanced tee times are available.  In addition, there’s a Bar and Grill and also a Pro Shop with a full complement of golf paraphernalia.

Colonel James Fuller, the original founder and owner of Willow Brook, started a private 6-hole course for his family and friends that was later turned into a 9-hole course by the former Leasees, the Miller’s and Chromiak’s.  Steve Chromiak ran this 9-hole course for over forty years until his retirement, when the Colonel’s grandson, Peter Fuller, began to run the course.  The vision of building this brand new 18-hole course and tearing up the original nine was the brainchild of Peter Fuller, but the vision was certainly shared and assisted by not only Andy Kistler, but by the Greens Superintendent, Brett Adair, who effectively built the whole course with his staff.


Photos