4755 Ogletown Stanton Road
Newark DE 19718
Christiana Care Health System is dedicated to improving the health of all individuals in the communities we serve through health care services, education and research.
Christiana Care Health System strives to be a coordinated, patient focused health care system of unsurpassed excellence .
Based in Wilmington, DE, Christiana Care Health System is one of the largest health care providers in the mid-Atlantic region, serving all of Delaware and portions of seven counties bordering the state in Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey.
The not-for-profit, privately owned Christiana Care family of services includes two hospitals (Christiana Hospital, on a suburban campus south of the City of Wilmington, and Wilmington Hospital, in the downtown business district of Wilmington).
At Christiana Care, we practice the core values of caring, excellence, integrity, leadership, service and teamwork. We follow a tradition of Unsurpassed Excellence. And we're proud of receiving accreditation in our 2007 survey by the Joint Commission.
Christiana Care offers:
- More than 1,100 licensed hospital beds in two hospitals.
- A major regional Center for Heart & Vascular Health and the only Level-I trauma services on the East Coast corridor between Philadelphia and Baltimore. Comprehensive, 24-hour emergency medical services at both hospitals.
- Helen F. Graham Cancer Center and a National Cancer Institute-designated Community Clinical Oncology Program.
- The Eugene du Pont Preventive Medicine & Rehabilitation Institute.
- 11 family or internal medicine satellite/physician offices.
- Home health care and infusion services through Christiana Care Visiting Nurse Association (VNA).
- High school wellness centers throughout Delaware.
- Alzheimer's adult day care.
- Health care support services, such as physical therapy, medical imaging and laboratory facilities, and much more.
Accreditations & Memberships
Christiana Care is accredited by the Joint Commission, The American Association of Blood Banks, The American College of Radiology, The American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma, The American Academy of Sleep Medicine, The College of American Pathologists, The American Speech and Hearing Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, and The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities.
Christiana Care is a member of the American Hospital Association, the Delaware Healthcare Association, the Middle Atlantic Health Congress and the Council on Teaching Hospitals of the Association of American Medical Colleges.