A trip to the North Pole isn't in the cards this Christmas. But who needs negative temps and tons of travel, when you can join us on the only daylight train to the legendary Christmas town of Leavenworth to see the annual Lighting Festival. The fun begins as you board the train, cozy into your seat and enjoy a continental breakfast. The changing scenery outside will compete for your attention onboard the train as oom-pa-pah bands, carolers, magicians and Santa perform through the aisles.
Upon arrival in Leavenworth, the fun continues in the streets of this Bavarian mountain town, that's dressed up to look and feel, as The New York Times wrote, "a bit like the interior of a snow globe." We'll take in the season as we roam around this "perfect place to spark the holiday spirit," where horse-drawn carriages glide down the roads, carolers stroll, and vendors sell delicious holiday fare. Later, we'll gather for the highlight of the day: In one truly magical moment, the entire town will become illuminated in a synchronized display that rivals the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree (and is a whole lot more charming). After, re-board the train where dinner, more entertainment, hot chocolate and our fabulous staff awaits to make your Christmas wishes come true.
Please note Train doors will close 10 minutes prior to departure. Actual departure time is subject to clearance by Burlington Northern Dispatch
- Depart Edmonds Station - Approx 8:40AM
- Arrive at Leavenworth at approximately 1:30pm. Upon arrival transit busses will be there to transfer you from the train to the town site (1.2 miles). The train will continue on to be serviced in Wenatchee. Therefore, you will not have access to the train prior to our re-boarding time.
- 4:45pm The first shuttles begin to load. If the train has not arrived back in Leavenworth, the buses will be staged at the high school parking lot until the train arrives. If you board a bus early you may be delayed at the high school prior to the trains arrival.
- 5:15pm The last shuttle departs for the train. After 5:15pm the first bus not full will be considered the last bus to the train
- 5:25pm the train will depart Leavenworth.
- Our approximate return times will be in Edmonds at 10:15pm, respectively. These are our best estimated times.
- Kindly note that our time schedule may be altered due to circumstances beyond our control. Wintertime train operations along the Burlington Northern Rail Line are subject to extreme delays as rail traffic and weather conditions affect freight schedules. Since there is only one set of train tracks, the "Snow Train" schedule is also affected by freight traffic. Historically delays have ranged from 1-2 hours and could possible extend even longer in extreme cases. You may wish to bring a book, playing cards, snacks or really good friends to pass the time. We will do our best to keep you informed along the way. Thank you in advance for your patience!
- Due to a variety of factors the temperature inside your train car range from very warm to rather cold depending which car you are in, whether the train is moving or not and where you are sitting. Dress in layers so you can put on and take off clothing as you wish. You might want to bring a blanket in case you get chilled.
Coach Seating - $229
Premium Seating - $299
Dome Seating - $359
All Children 0 - 12yrs receive $10 off - age must be noted in Comments on Original booking - refunds will not be issue if it is not noted.
On Yahoo, Yelp, SuperPages, AmericanTowns and 25 other directories!
Add your social media links and bio and promote your discounts, menus, events.
Be sure your listing is up on all the key local directories with all your important content (social links and product info).