Government and Politics
December 8, 2014From: City Of Aurora
AURORA, CO---The Aurora Animal Shelter will be closed to the public the week of Dec. 7 through 14 for extensive building maintenance and repairs. Normal operations are expected to resume on Monday, Dec. 15.
To accommodate construction crews and avoid fumes, dust, etc., all animals will be transferred out of the building to either the Dumb Friends League or the Denver Animal Shelter, our partners through the Metro Denver Shelter Alliance (MDSA).
The Aurora Animal Shelter will temporarily stop accepting incoming animals on Friday, Dec. 5:
- People finding stray animals will be referred to the Denver Animal Shelter (DAS). If taking an animal there creates a hardship, staff will be able transport some strays to DAS for our patrons.
- Owners wishing to surrender their pet will be asked to wait until after Dec. 15 to bring them to the Aurora Animal Shelter. If that is problematic, they will be asked to bring their pets to the Dumb Friends League for re-homing.
While the shelter is closed:
- People calling about a lost pet will be advised to search DAS's website and shelter for their animal.
Denver Animal Shelter: 1241W. Bayaud Ave., Denver www.denveranimalshelter.org 720-913-1311
- People wishing to adopt an animal will be referred to the Dumb Friends League shelter and website.
Dumb Friends League: 2080 S Quebec St, Denver www.ddfl.org â€Ž 303-751-5772
- People who placed an adoption 'hold' on an animal at the Aurora Animal Shelter will be contacted and advised they can complete the adoption process and pick up their new furry family member at the Dumb Friends League.
- There will be no animals under our care at the Aurora Animal Shelter.