Schools and Libraries
March 2, 2015From: Madeira City Schools
- Help us celebrate the excellence that is Madeira Schools by nominating an educator for "Madeira Educator of the Year." A nominee will be selected from each building, then a finalist who will represent our district at the Hamilton County Education Foundation's "Celebrate Excellence" event in May. Past honorees have included special education administrators, music directors, principals, intervention specialists and guidance counselors in addition to classroom teachers. For more information and the nomination form please see Educator of the Year. Nominations are due by 4 pm Friday, March 20.
- Make your reservations now for the 30th annual Madeira Schools Foundation auction Saturday, March 14 in the St. Gertrude Parish Center from 6 - 11:45 pm. This year's 30th anniversary theme is "Diamonds and Denim." Get started at Auction Registration and starting March 1, place bids whether you attend the auction or not. If you have questions or would like to donate to the auction, please contact Troy Bartson at firstname.lastname@example.org, Angie Schilling at email@example.com or Dave Eberly at DEberly@emclawyers.com. For more information about the Foundation please visit www.madeiraschoolsfoundation.org.
- Congratulations to Seniors Austin Cross and Jack Good who were named finalists in the National Merit Scholarship competition.
- The MES PTO's Spring "Changing Hands" sale will be held Saturday, March 7 from 9 am-1 pm. Consignor registration is now open at www.changinghandssale.com. The fee to register is $10 and can be paid online via Paypal or with a check made out to the MES PTO. Consigning is open to the general public - contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and for up-to-date announcements, follow them on Facebook and Twitter.
- TGIF is once again helping support the excellent music programs in the Madeira City Schools. Use this coupon Music Boosters at TGIF when visiting the Montgomery Road location March 11 and 12 and the Music Boosters will receive up to 20% on your check total.
- There will be no school tomorrow, February 27, for MES only. MMS and MHS will be in session. March 11 all schools will be in session following their regular schedules with no early dismissal.
- MHS swimmers Jack Mantkowski, Chet Dobson, Alex Fortman and Ryan Stevenson qualified for the state swimming competition, as well as alternate Braden Kane. Information about the finals can be found at OHSAA Swim Finals.
- The Amazon basketball team will play Mariemont in the sectional finals this Saturday, February 28, at Fairfield HS at 12:30. Tickets can be purchased Friday in the MHS Athletic Office for $6 or at the door for $7.
- For Boys basketball tournament news please see 2015 Div III Boys Basketball.
- March 25-28 Madeira Theatre Arts Spring Play 'Children of Eden"