Schools and Libraries
February 9, 2015From: Madeira City Schools
Please mark your calendars - March 11th is no longer an early release day and all schools will be in session following their regular schedules. There will be no early dismissal.
- For photos of last night's Amazon Night at the girls basketball game against Finneytown, please see Amazon Night Unites Players. Over 25 former Amazons from the past six decades and a team of future Amazons joined the current Varsity's loyal friends, family members and community fans to cheer them on as they beat Finneytown 92-20. They are now undefeated with 18 wins!
- Congratulations to the three members of the Class of 2015 who signed letters of intent to play college sports at yesterday's National Day of Signing. Celia Kline plans to play basketball for Transylvania University, Jake Hyatt plans to play baseball at Wimington College, and Toni Alloy plans to play soccer at Case Western Reserve. For a photo please see Signing Day 2015.
- Madeira's WInter Homecoming game is Friday, February 6 when the Madeira Mustangs boys basketball team takes on the Finneytown WIldcats 7:30 pm at home. The dance will be held at the high school Saturday, February 7 from 9 pm - midnight.
- The MHS PTO will sponsor a fundraiser on Sunday, February 8 at Blue Ash City BBQ. 25% of all eat in or carry out orders will help raise money for the PTO if the form found at City BBQ Fundraiser is presented. Blue Ash City BBQ is located at 10375 Kenwood Road, or orders can be placed online at citybbq.com.
- In recognition of "National School Counselor's Week" thank you to our district counselors for their constant guidance in the academic and social needs of our students; Chandley Bacher (MES), Susan Fraley (MMS) and Kim Homer & Erin Koehne (MHS).
- February 13 - No School - District Inservice
- February 16 - No School - President's Day
- February 23 & 24 - MES 2015-2016 Kindergarten registration
- February 27 - Festival in the Woods Reception for MES and MMS student artists at Blue Ash Recreation Center 4-7 pm.