Schools and Libraries
March 8, 2016From: Madeira City Schools
- Congratulations to Alex Fortman who is the new state swimming champion in the 100 free! Results from Madeira swimmers in last weekend's OHSAA swimming and diving championships in Canton, Ohio are: 200 free relay, consisting of Braden Kane, Jake Waters, Alex Fortman and Chet Dobson was 4th and the 400 free relay was 2nd overall. In the 200 Freestyle, Chet Dobson placed 3rd overall, with Jake Waters 9th. In the 50 free, Emma Fortman Placed 6th and Alex Fortman placed 2nd.
- There's still time to register for the March 19 MSF Auction "Marchtoberfest!" You can now purchase raffle tickets and bid on auction items whether you attend the auction or not at MSF's Annual Auction "Marchtoberfest". If you'd like to support the auction through a donation or sponsorship, please contact Troy Bartson at email@example.com, Angie Schilling at firstname.lastname@example.org or David Eberly at DEberly@emclawyers.com. Please note the date has been changed from March 12 to March 19.
- Don't forget MES PTO's spring Changing Hands Sale this Saturday, March 5 from 9 AM -1 PM for great deals on children's spring and summer consignment items.
- We invite all students, staff, parents and community members to nominate a Madeira educator to represent our district at the Hamilton Country Education Foundation's "Celebrate Excellence" event this spring. All information including characteristics to be considered and the nomination form can be found at Celebrating Excellence. Copies of the form will also be available in each school office. Nominations are due by 4 pm Monday, March 21, 2016. Thank you for helping us celebrate the excellence that is Madeira Schools!
- Order an engraved brick with your personal message or tribute to be placed at Madeira High School. They make excellent graduation or birthday gifts. Orders must be placed by April 1 - please contact Ruth Corgan at email@example.com for ordering information.
- MMS student Zhuo-Nan Huang came in 8th place in the Cincinnati Math Counts Competition, which earned him a spot in the Count Down Round and qualified him for state. The team of Zhuo-Nan, Nicolas Ashbaugh, Nic Bartson, and Michael Lu came in 6th place and was also invited to participate in the state competition on March 12. Steven Wu and Steven Schwallie had individual scores in the top 25%. Also representing Madeira were Max Schmidt and Joe Zubelik. Over 300 students from 42 schools participated in this event. MMS Math Counts is facilitated by Sharon Fitter and Bob Fisk with help from MHS student Ben Fisk.
- The MHS Art Club and RSW/US are sponsoring a shoe collection drive March 7 - 17. The event benefits Soles4Souls, an international non-profit social enterprise committed to fighting poverty through the collection and distribution of shoes. All of our schools are participating - please place rubber band or ties pairs of shoes together and drop them off at any of our schools starting Monday. The district that collects the most shoes wins $2,500, half of which will be donated to a charity. RSW/US will be host an end-of-drive "We Got Sole" party on March 18 from 3-6 pm for students of all ages and their families. There will be live music , free food & drink, and over $1,000 in gift cards to be given away.
- Madeira's National Honor Society would like to invite daughters and their fathers, step-fathers, grandpas, or uncles to the 3rd Annual Father Daughter Dance. This special event is being held on April 8, 2016 in the Madeira High School Gymnasium from 7:00-9:00 PM. The cost is $25 per couple, $5 each additional daughter. Sign up at NHS Dance by April 6 - space is limited!
- March 25 - No School, Good Friday
- March 28 through April 1 - Spring Break
- April 4 - No School, Conference Exchange Day
- April 7 - Spring Senior Citizen Coffee
- April 13 - Senior Citizen Day at MHS Spring Musical "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown"
- April 14 through April 16 - MHS Spring Musical "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown" Ticket Information
- June 4 Golf, Football & Baseball teams' Golf Outing Fundraiser - Golf Outing