Schools and Libraries
September 16, 2016From: Madeira City Schools
- Our new Quality Profile (QP) is out! The QP provides our parents and community members a more detailed look at what our community values most in our schools and provides the 'rest of the story' in the areas of Academics, Arts, Student Leadership & Activities, Fiscal Stewardship, Parent & Community Involvement, Student Services, and Staff & District Recognitions. The new QP can be found at 2016 Quality Profile.
- Friday's Homecoming parade begins at 5:30 PM at Adrien's Pharmacy and travels along Miami Avenue, ending at the high school. Bob and Ronna Gardner will ride with the school board as their Honored Guests. The Madeira Mustangs take on Finneytown in Madeira Stadium at 7 PM.
- This Saturday, September 17, is the MES PTO's Fall Changing Hands sale. From 9 AM - 1 PM come to the MES Gym for great deals on gently used toys, clothing and accessories. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and for up-to-date announcements, follow Changing Hands Sale on FaceBook.
- Madeira senior citizens are invited to come hear what's going on in the district at the Fall Superintendent's Coffee. Come have a cup of coffee and a treat with new Superintendent Kenji Matsudo and new Assistant Superintendent Tim Weber! The coffee will be held Thursday, September 22 at 9:30 AM in Madeira High School's Perin Learning Commons.
- From the Madeira Music Boosters: Thank you to the Madeira Community for so generously supporting our music programs! If we missed you on Tag Day, it is never too late to donate. You can send a donation to: Madeira Music Boosters, 7465 Loannes Dr, 45243 or go to www.madeiramusic.com and use our PayPal donation button. We are grateful for any amount. See our music calendar at www.madeiramusic.com our concerts are free and open to all.
- MHS seniors Brittany Ladd, Samuel Aaron, McKenna Blackwelder and Duncan Maier have been named Semifinalists in the 62nd National Merit Scholarship Program. They now have the opportunity to continue in the competition for approximately 7,500 National Merit Scholarships worth about $33 million in the spring. For a photo please see National Merit Semifinalists!.
- Madeira Senior John McNally and his partner J. J. Wolf recently won the U.S. Tennis Association 18 National doubles championship with a 6-3, 6-2 win. They will be competing in this year's U.S. Open in Fleshing Meadows, NY. Freshman Catie McNally played the Juniors' Championship in Wimbledon this year.
- Junior trumpet player Joseph Rau has been selected as a member of the 2017 OMEA All-State Band. The performance will take place in February during the Ohio Music Education Conference in Cleveland, OH.
- Ben Adams and Annamarie Rau have been selected to participate in the JR Cincinnati Youth Wind Ensemble. Ben is in the 7th grade and plays bassoon and percussionist Annamarie is in the 8th grade.
- Joe Kimling, Athletic Director at Madeira High School, has been recognized by the National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association (NIAAA) as a Certified Master Athletic Administrator. The certification is received for exemplary knowledge, contributions and on-going professional development in the field of interscholastic athletic administration. There is also a thorough evaluation of the candidate's educational background, experience, NIAAA Leadership Courses and professional contributions, culminating with a practical written project.
- Greg Corn is a Nominee for the MaxPreps/JJHuddle Ohio High School Football Athlete of the Week. Voting is live and will conclude at noon on Monday, September 19. Vote for Greg at Vote for Greg Corn, then Week 3 Football Athlete of the Week nominees.
- Alumni Night at the MHS home Mustang football game vs. Wyoming is Friday, October 7 at 7 PM. All alumni who register online will receive free drinks and snacks at the alumni tent, free alumni swag and a chance to win Madeira spirit wear. The first 25 alumni to register for the event receive free entry into the game. Former band members are invited back to play the Star Spangled Banner and the Fight Song at pre-show, then to join the band in the stands for pep tunes during the game (music is available to practice before the game if desired.) The Madeira Schools Foundation will also award the Ruth Slagle Crawford Scholarship during half time of the game. Alumni can register for the event, as well as other upcoming events, at Alumni Registration. There is also a Facebook Event via the Madeira High School Alumni page which can be shared. For more information contact Sarah Mizelle at (513) 924-3725 or email@example.com.