Schools and Libraries
January 16, 2018From: Madeira City Schools
- While an unexpected early dismissal from school will be the last resort, we want you to be aware of our emergency weather procedures in advance. Please see 2017-2018 Weather Alerts for our weather alert information.
- New Madeira Board members Steve Bernicke, Ryan Lex, and re-elected President Pat Shea were sworn into office at the board’s first meeting of the new year. They join current members Rich Palmer and Ginger Madden to comprise the 2018 Madeira City School Board of Education. January is also School Board Appreciation Month - if you see Steve, Ryan, Pat, Rich, or Ginger out in the community, please take a second to thank them for their time and energy in volunteering to serve on our school board!
- Children who reside in Madeira and will be five years old on or before September 30, 2018 are eligible to be registered for Madeira Elementary Kindergarten for the 2018-2019 school year. The first step in the registration process is to complete a pre-registration survey indicating your preferences at 2018 Kindergarten Registration beginning Monday, January 22 at 6 AM. For more information please visit the link above, or contact the Madeira Elementary School office at 985-6080.
- A Preschool Open House for new families will be held January 21 from 2-4 PM. This is a great opportunity for new families to meet the staff and learn about what makes the Madeira Preschool a great place for kids. The Preschool registration link will be active Monday, January 22 at 6 AM. Placements will be given to currently enrolled students, siblings, staff, and past Madeira Preschool families. Once these placements are made, new families will be placed based on availability. When there is a waiting list within the programs, placements will be made based on the date/time stamp of when online registrations were received. Children must be three years old by August 31, 2018 to attend.
- A warm Madeira welcome to Chris Stewart, our new Mustang Football Coach. For more please see Welcome Coach Stewart.
- Save-the-Date! The 2018 Madeira Schools Foundation’s annual auction ‘March Madness’ will be held Saturday, March 10 from 6 -11 PM at St. Gertrude Parish Center. Sponsorship opportunities are available now - contact Mindi Hilgeman at 513-924-3725 or email@example.com to learn more about sponsorship opportunities. Your participation raises funds for innovation in technology, on-line learning and keeping our students at the forefront of education in an ever-changing digital world. For more information about the Foundation, please see www.madeiraschoolsfoundation.org and check back soon for details on how to donate, register and bid.
- Madeira City Schools will be closed Monday, January 15 to observe Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. Classes will resume and offices will reopen Tuesday, January 16.
Information on our listserves can be found at List Serve Information.