Schools and Libraries
September 26, 2015From: Madeira City Schools
- Our new Madeira City Schools Quality Profile (QP) highlights the areas of Academics, Arts, Student Leadership & Activities, Fiscal Stewardship, Parent & Community Involvement, Student Services and Staff & District Recognitions. Along with the state report card, it tells 'the rest of the story' about what makes Madeira such a great place for our students, the story that goes beyond scores and mandated testing. We invite you to take a look at what our students, staff members, parents and community members accomplished last year at 2015 QP.
- Do you have Halloween costumes that no longer fit? There are students in need across Cincinnati! We are collecting new or gently used Halloween costumes (baby through adult sizes) to donate to kids who would otherwise not be able to participate in the fall festivities. Please consider donating costumes to put a candy-coated smile on another kid's face! Costumes will be collected in the front offices at MES, MMS, & MHS through Friday, October 9. MHS students will be delivering the costumes and "shopping" with students during the Madeira Schools Foundation sponsored Day of Service on October 16. Contact Kelly Wing at 924-3722 or email@example.com for more information.
- The Madeira Boy Scout Troop 209 is currently updating ALL residential listings for the 2016-17 Madeira Phone Directory. Please visit MadeiraTroop209.com to confirm/update your listing OR to opt-out. The City of Madeira Phone Directory is traditionally published by Madeira Troop 209, Boy Scouts of America, as a service for the residents of Madeira. The directory lists resident's name, address, and phone number and contains emergency phone numbers, civic organizations, local businesses, city and school contacts, and a city map. Directories will be available for purchase in the Spring of 2016. Questions about the directory can be directed to Cathy Born at firstname.lastname@example.org or 513-936-0606.
- For photos of our fall Superintendent's Senior Citizen coffee which was held in the new Perin Learning Commons Courtyard, please see Senior Citizen Coffee..
- There will be no school on Friday, September 25, for a District Inservice Day. Classes will resume Monday, September 28.
- The 2015 Homecoming Parade takes place Friday, October 2 before the home game versus Deer Park. The parade begins on Laurel at 6 pm and will end up at Madeira High School.
- Our Fall Walk to School Day is Wednesday, October 14. Families and friends are encouraged to walk their children to school to promote health and wellness.